Last modified at
- : Added discussion of newsletters.
This website is operated by me, Antti-Juhani Kaijanaho. You may contact me at email@example.com. I am located in Finland.
On some pages on this website you may find forms where you can subscribe to the newsletter of this website. If you fill that form and confirm your subscription when asked, software running on my behalf will add you to the newsletter mailing list.
I will store your email address and your first name, as given by you on the subscription form, with your consent. I will also store information regarding your subscription required as evidence of your consent, to fulfill my legal obligations under the EU General Data Protetcion Regulation.
By your consent, I will use your email address to send occasional email messages informing you of new or updated free content on this website, together with other offerings related to this website. You can withdraw consent at any time by following the unsubscribe link on a newsletter message, or by sending a request to me by email.
This information are processed by Mailjet under a Data Processing Agreement on my behalf.
The newsletter subscription form displayed on some pages may set cookies required by Mailjet to securely implement the subscription functionality.
This website does not set any other cookies.
Website access logging
The website automatically stores certain data about your every page access, including
- the Internet protocol address where the access comes from
- the branding information ("user agent") sent by your web browser,
- the exact time and date of access, and
- the address of the web page you came from, if provided by your web browser
In some cases, this combination of information may be sufficient to identify you. However, this information will not be used to identify you at any time.
I collect this information because it is necessary to fulfill my legitimate interest to monitor the traffic of this web site, to determine from where and when my visitors come, and to detect abuse.
At this time, no other information that might identify you is collected.
This information is automatically deleted after three months of creation.
This information is generated at a facility near you and then transmitted to facilities in the European Union. Further storage and processing is conducted in facilities located in the European Union. All this processing is done by Amazon Web Services or its subprocessors at my direction, or in computers under my personal control. This information will not be transmitted from the European Union elsewhere or stored outside the European Union.
By European law, you (whoever and wherever you are) have the following rights:
- to widthdraw your consent for me to send you newsletters;
- to require me to determine whether I control any identifiable information about you, and to provide you access to any such data;
- to require me to correct any errors in identifiable information about you that I control;
- to require me to delete any identifiable information about you that I control (with some exceptions specified in EU law);
- to require me to restrict my use of identifiable information about you that I control in certain cases specified in EU law;
- to object to my processing of identifiable information about you; and
- to complain to the Finnish Office of the Data Protection Ombudsman (or to your local European Personal Data Protection Comptetent Authority), if you believe my use of identifying information about you infringes the European General Data Processing Regulation (GDPR) or other applicable law.