You may be accessing this web site over the Internet, or you may be in possession of a copy (in whole or in part). You may also be responsible for a bot accessing this website. In all cases, these terms apply to you.
See also the Privacy Notice.
This Is an Opinion Platform
This thegeneralistprogrammer.com website (which, for technical reasons, is available at other domain names as well) is a proprietary platform for me (Antti-Juhani Kaijanaho) to express my opinions.
Do not take any statement of fact on this website as being true without examining it critically: consider the argument made and any evidence offered, together with your existing body of knowledge, and make your own judgment.
If you take any action based on something you read here, you are yourself responsible for that decision; I and any other people operating this website are not liable to you for any damages you or third parties suffer due to your own actions.
From time to time, I may publish other people's writings on this website, with their permission. I may do so (or decline to publish anyone else's writigs) for any number of reasons, and I have no obligation to explain my reasons to anyone. Publishing other people's writing does not necessarily mean that I agree with it.
Your free access to this website is a privilege, not a right. I, or anyone else having the appropriate authority, may deny you free access for any reason, without notice or explanation.
You may use any technological means you wish to access the content on this website, so long as
- you do it in good faith;
- you follow all applicable protocols and best practices;
- you honor all access restrictions put in place, whatever their nature;
- you consume or burden the resources of this website only to the extent that is customary;
- you do not cause me or others involved in operating this website to breach any applicable laws; and
- your actions do not expose me or others involved in operating this website to any legal liability.
I offer the freely available content of this website as it is. I may modify or remove any freely available content as I choose, without giving any notice. Content that I offer free now may require payment to access later.
Unless otherwise indicated, I grant you the copyright license
- to make whatever copies, in whatever form, you reasonably require to privately consume any content on this website you have legal access to, and
- to privately give a copy of such content (or a part of it) to anyone, together with a copy of these terms.
I extend the same copyright license to your employer and any party you are providing professional services to on a contractual basis.
Changes to terms
I may make changes to these terms at my discretion. The link to the current version together with its publication date is displayed on every page on this website. The terms valid when content is accessed on this website governs any copies made of that accessed content. Failure to familiarize yourself with the applicable terms, given the opportunity to do so, is not an excuse to violate them.
Governing Law and Venue
These terms are governed by the laws of Finland. The District Court having jurisdiction over Vantaa, Finland, shall be the venue for any legal action arising under these terms, unless the law mandates another venue.